Frequently Asked Questions

Need some help?

Taxes can be difficult, we get that! We’ve prepared some of the most commonly asked questions about taxes that our clients have.

What do I need to bring to my appointment to complete partnership, or sole proprietor or personal taxes?

  • All your T slips for the year. This includes T3’s, T4’s, T4A, T5’s, Charitable donations, RRSP, T2200 and any other relevant information.
  • For sole proprietor, bring in your annual revenue and expenses. Vehicle and home office expenses, if applicable. See T2125 in helpful links.
  •  For rental property, bring in your annual revenue and expenses. See T776 in helpful links.
  • If you are not sure if the document is relevant, bring it in anyways.

Can the information be provided by email or other electronic form?

  • Yes, we believe in being environmentally responsible and accept documents via electronic formats.

What do I need to provide, if I can claim vehicle expenses?

  • Copy of Bill of Sale, showing make, model, year, purchase price, and year purchased.
  • Total kilometers driven for the year and total kilometers driven for business purposes.
  • Complete cost of fuel, insurance, repairs and maintenance, and registration for the year.
  • Copy of loan documents, to calculate the interest paid on vehicle loan.
  • UCC (undepreciated capital cost) ending balance from prior year, if vehicle claimed in previous year.

What do I need to bring to my appointment to complete my corporate taxes?

  • Your incorporation documents.
  • Business number for CRA (Canada Revenue Agency).
  • Notice of Assessments from CRA and Province of Alberta from prior year.
  • If bookkeeping has been completed, then a backup copy of the file, otherwise;
  • Documents showing income and expenses, such as bank statements, credit card statements, expenses receipts and list of assets purchased during the year.
  • To determine if there are other documents that are needed, an initial consultation would be appropriate.

What do I need to provide if I can claim Meals and Entertainment expenses?

  • Make sure the meals and entertainment are for building up or maintaining your business.
  • Make sure that you note who the meal or entertainment is with.
  • Write down the relationship, such as potential client, banker, existing client.
  • Make sure the date is legible.
  • More information on CRA Website

Ready to get started?

Contact Us